A blog about creative coding, music making and everything to keep you out of that creative rut! Scroll down to check out some recent blog posts!
Recent Blog Posts
- 21 : Perlin Noise Surface Textures and Scrolling Tricks
- 09 : Introduction to Perlin Noise in P5JS and Processing
- 07 : Simulating brush strokes with Hooke's Law in P5JS
- 30 : Dashed Lines in P5JS
- 22 : Rotation and Circular Positioning
- 12 : Hicetnunc.xyz and NFTs on the Tezos Blockchain ~ What's new ~ April 2021 Mega Update
- 14 : Erste Schritte mit Tezos und minting auf hicetnunc.xyz
- 14 : Getting started with Tezos and minting on hicetnunc.xyz
- 03 : Modulating Shapes and Creating Patterns in P5JS with Sines and Cosines
- 27 : Rectangle Packing: An incredibly difficult problem
- 13 : Brian Eno's Endless Music Machines
- 11 : Sending MIDI signals between Ableton and P5JS
- 09 : Beautiful tablature and sheet music with Lillypond and Frescobaldi
- 06 : Continuous oscillating motion in P5JS with Sine functions
- 05 : How to write interesting chord progressions
- 01 : MIDI signals from Python to Ableton Live
What are my blog posts about?
A lot of different things actually! From creative ways of making music to coding visual sketches for your music, the occasional VST plugin review as well as analyses of specific artists' workflows.
Recently I have also ventured into the interesting world of decentralized blockchain technology, and have been experimenting with minting interactive p5js sketches on hicetnunc.xyz. Hence some more recent articles on that!
For a complete list of all the blog posts I've ever written, you can visit the Archive
Everything I make off of streaming services gets invested back into my music making ~ a whopping 0.75$.
Everything I make off of bandcamp is donated to Lebanese charities and/or NGOs once it ammounts to a considerable sum ~ so far an outstanding 25$. Hopefully one day I can do what I love and help others at the same time!
Machine Learning Blog
Soft Launch: I'm happy to announce that my co-conspirator Wiem and I have finally launched our side project Back to the Prop.
A site dedicated to explaining concepts in Machine Learning, Deep Learning and AI in general, in a simple and understandable manner to the layman. I recommend you scroll through the preview attached here, and see if there's articles that might interest you! We consider it a soft launch, since a bunch of things still need to be put into order before we can dedicate more time to it.
My research interests revolve around applications of Deep Learning for the synthesis of Sounds and Images, audio and image processing in general, and other creative and useful applications.
The research project that I'm most proud of has to be my GAN for the synthesis of color palettes, as it took me more than a year of obsessive learning and coding until I was able to put it together. I will hopefully tackle some improvements in the next couple of months.
News and Updates
If you enjoy the the content on this website, consider subscribing to my mailing list to receive the occasional update and/or whenever a new blog post is up. No spam, promise.
Otherwise another great way to stay up to date with my stuff would be by following me on Twitter.